Today was our move out from our unit. I was uncertain what time the office closed, as I knew a member of staff would likely need to look the unit over before we departed.

I approached a member of staff, "Rick" in the parking lot. He was smoking a cigarette next to his car. I asked about the hours. He replied "six." He then asked why "we added to the pile of sh*t at the facility dumpster." I was stunned.

My wife and son were standing right behind 2 yr old son were standing right by me when he uttered this nonsense. I asked him if he thought this was a proper way for a member of staff to address a customer. He said "yes." A few moments later, I went into the office to ask for the name of his manager. I then reiterated my concern about his language.

He asked me to repeat the phrase of concern, which I did, and he replied, "I'm sure they have heard that word before." My son is 2yrs old. Language like this is never used around him. I contacted customer service immediately and was told a district manager would follow up with me. I have not received a call.

In our nearly two years with ESS, I used the dumpster one time, today, and I only placed a few small items there.

If we ever need a storage unit again in the future, we will look elsewhere, even if it is more expensive. It is a shame that ESS employs staff like "Rick." Disgusting.

Review about: Extra Space Storage Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments