Problems with my money order sent to Extra Space Storage in Albuquerque.I sent my money order on August 24 2015 to make sure it gets there for September 1, 2015.

Then the store manager calls me and emails me to tell me I haven't paid my rent. So I had to purchase another money order of 40.00 to pay for the September rent. That was sent on September 4, 2015. I get another call claiming I now owed 20.00 for late fees.

In July I was charged a late fee. That is why I sent the money order early to avoid the late charge. I am seeing that this is a no win situation. I had to go directly to Extra Space Storage on October 2, 2015.

This was an inconvienance because I have no car. To make sure I get it paid on time. I told the store manager I still had not recieved a call from the district manager. She finally called and told me there is nothing they can do.

That regardless of customers losing their mail is not their problem. Well I told her to recheck for that money order and that I gave the store manager the money order code number. And that it is really peculiar that I have been sending money orders to a storage unit in Indiana since 2000. And I have never recieved an issue with lost mail.

I believe these people are thieves. In the way they operate. From the beginning they forced me to pay an insurance fee. I told them I didnt ask for insurance.

So I had to sign an opt out form. I believe they do this to get every cent out of the customers. They raise rent every 6 months. I told the district manager I cannot do business with people I can't trust.

I believe they are unethical in their practice and shady in the way they deal with customers.I feel like they are lying and have that money order.

Review about: Extra Space Storage.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Extra Space Storage?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.